Recruitment Agencies in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, Yorkshire & Humberside
Including: Manufacturing / Production (6 agencies), Administration (6), Industrial (5), Engineering (5), Accounting & Finance (5), Education (4), IT (4), Catering and Hospitality (3), Health Care (3), Driving (3), Social Care (2), Construction (2), Retail (1)
Located in the UK's rural upper-inland region - in South Yorkshire on the River Dearne - Barnsley County is classified as more than 75% Green Belt. The area's economy was once dominated by the coal and glass blowing industries, but has recently seen a significant shift toward the creative and digital industries. Today, Barnsley County Council is the region's leading employer, and ASOS.com (an online fashion retailer based in Grimethorpe) is second, with a staff of more than 1500 locals. But business in Barnsley is primarily driven by small industry, and most residents work as employees in small companies.
Employment in Barnsley County
Unfortunately, unemployment for 18-24 year olds (at 12%) is currently more than twice the national average. The 2012 census also revealed that unemployment rose by 9% from 2011. Recruitment agencies estimate that 67% of the workforce is employed full-time, while the remaining 33% work in part-time roles. Median weekly incomes, at £464.80, fall below the national average of £508. Yet more than one third of the workforce consists of managers, professionals, and technical workers. Only 22% of Barnsley's locals are employed in administrative or skilled trade jobs, while about 20% work in the leisure and retail industry.
Press "Search Agencies" when your new query is ready.
Industries covered: Accounting & Finance, Administration, Banking, Catering and Hospitality, Call Centre / Customer Service, Executive / Management, Food & Drink, Headhunting, Personnel / HR, Insurance, IT, Manufacturing / Production, Marketing, Retail, Sales, Telecommunications, FMCG
Halo Personnel Ltd
Industries covered: Accounting & Finance, Administration, Automotive, Charity, Construction, Consulting, Creative / Design, Call Centre / Customer Service, Driving, Electronics, Engineering, Environmental, Executive / Management, Facilities Management, Financial Services, Government / Public Sector, Health & Safety, Personnel / HR, Industrial, Information Industry, Insurance, IT, Legal, Logistics, Manufacturing / Production, Marketing, Media, Multilingual & Language, Not-for-profit, Printing & Publishing, Project Management, Property, Purchasing, Sales, Training / Learning, Shipping, Telecommunications, Travel, Energy / Renewable Energy
Are you an employer looking for a recruitment agency?