Recruitment Agencies based in Midlothian, Scotland, UK
Midlothian is a county and council area in Scotland, which sits between East Lothian, the City of Edinburgh, and the Scottish Borders. The largest cities and towns in the area are Bonnyrigg, Penicuik, Dalkeith, Loanhead, Gorebridge, Danderhall, Roslin, and Rosewell.
Before 2008, Midlothian had one of the UK's fastest growing economies until the economic downturn. A government review of the area is now underway to identify potential growth sectors and help get the economy back on track. Despite tough times across the board, employment levels in the county actually increased between 2011 and 2012 from 72.6% to 75.2%, leading experts and recruitment agencies to predict a continuation of this trend.
Six key sectors are the main drivers of the districts economy: life sciences, earth sciences, construction, tourism, education, and public sector. 69% of staff are employed in full-time roles, whilst the remaining 31% work part-time. The median hourly rate for full-time workers has steadily increased over the past decade up to £13.10 in 2011, which is above the Scottish and UK average. Almost 30% of the population possess NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualifications.
The most regularly-advertised jobs in the area are: care assistants and home carers, marketing associate professionals, sales representatives, van drivers, sales/retail assistants, office assistants/clerks, cleaners, teachers (primarily in secondary education), and heavy goods vehicle drivers.
Press "Search Agencies" when your new query is ready.
Randstad Construction, Property & Engineering
Michael Page Human Resources
Michael Page Procurement & Supply Chain
Are you an employer looking for a recruitment agency?